Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Soft Landing

I just had another complete blood count (CBC) on Monday and things look like they're stabilizing. The platelets are still low but within a normal range for remission and since they're stable, I'm happy. I was hoping the neutrophils would increase, but they're still in a normal range although they went down slightly over the past month. As you can see in the plots below, my counts have pretty much come in for a soft landing, and stability in the normal range is a good thing.

Following up on the liver enzymes: they're slightly back up over the normal limits, so I don't think the chamomile tea was a major contributor. I ate some foods with wheat and walnut ingredients a few days before the test (birthday and wedding celebrations), so that may have something to do with it. A fatty liver can cause gluten intolerance and low platelets due to decreased production of thrombopoietin, so I may still be fighting some fatty liver issues.

The weather last weekend was great! I got out and rode my bike 22 miles on the C&O Canal on Sunday. I'm anxious to push for 40 next weekend!





No comments:

Post a Comment