Tuesday, June 9, 2009

What a pain in the neck this is...

Okay, it's not really a pain in the neck, it's a small mass on the left hand side of my neck about 1.4 centimeters in diameter. Dr. K found it after running CT scans of my neck and chest on 5/22 after I complained of the fevers and aches and their impact on my work. At the time, he was concerned I might have been developing pneumonia.

Hopefully, the mass is just aggregate HCL that will eventually die away as the chemo does its job (per Dr. K). I'm going to have an ultrasound done on Thursday (6/11) when I go in for my next CBC to track its size and see if it's 1) larger 2) smaller 3) unchanged.

One would assume that if it's smaller, then the HCL theory holds water; otherwise, proceed with Plan B (currently TBD).

In the immortal words of John Proctor, "More weight!" Lucky for him, he was fictional.

No comments:

Post a Comment